Case Study- Harsh’s trouble solved of opioid and narcotic pain killers
Harsh (name changed) had a cocaine addiction. In such a situation, the doctors adopted more or less the same method for him as they adopted for treating a mental illness. Harshita had unknowingly gotten addicted to opioid and narcotic pain killers. He had a problem with migraines before taking this dangerous addiction and to get rid of it, at the behest of a doctor, he started taking painkiller injections. It was opioid and narcotic pain killers
Gradually he got addicted to it. At home, he started getting this injection by himself. As soon as Harsh tried to stop that injection, he started having many problems. When he reached the doctors, his treatment started. The doctors quickly understood Harsh’s real problem. To overcome the addiction, treatment was started immediately. Since Harsh himself did not want to take drugs, the doctors did not face much problem and he was released from the grip of intoxication. Today, Harsh is completely free from this problem and is leading a normal life.
Hearing this story inspires you. Right !!!
So let us deal with the real problem of drug addiction and know some smart ways to quit and overcome addiction from its core.
What is Addiction?
- When a person is not able to control the use of drugs, then drug abuse takes the form of the disease.
- Addiction is a mental illness.
- Due to intoxication for a long time, there is a change in the mind, which is not possible to cure without treatment.
- It requires long-term treatment. Medication, counseling, and social interaction are essential during treatment.
- Even after treatment, you need to be very careful. Because there is a possibility that after the addiction is over, it will start again.
…so think it’s a mess
When addiction occurs, it becomes very difficult to stay away from it. Some of the signs that someone is a drug addict are:
- Using drugs for more than a year
- Persistent failure or a persistent desire to cessation or limited use
- Failure to meet responsibilities at work, school, or home due to intoxication
- Problems arise in relationships and people start making distance
- Abandoning or greatly reducing the means of entertainment such as sports, TV, even cinema
- -Repeated use of intoxicants despite being aware of the physical or mental problems occurring in the body due to intoxication
- To increase the effect of intoxication, continuously increase its quantity.
Family members help
Family members play an important role in bringing the patient out of addiction. What’s more, it can help relieve the patient of pain, stress, shame, and guilt by:
- Family members, friends, teachers, health centers, can help by inspiring, stopping frequent drug abuse.
- Can help a person who is on the path of addiction by telling the reason for the disease due to intoxication.
- Help by clearing misconceptions.
- Giving motivation, counseling, and medicine
- Help him by making him aware of the situations that lead to the addiction.
- Do not allow anyone to misbehave with the patient.
- If an important aspect of your own life is at risk, seek the help of a counselor.
- The family should also have information related to addiction. This reduces their anger towards the patient. This also reduces unnecessary discord in the house on this issue.
- It is most important to understand the patient and not to blame.
- Family stress is also common. For this, they also need professional help.
- Appreciate the patient’s small efforts and avoid passing negative comments.
Getting rid of addiction is not too difficult. If someone has become addicted then he should not hesitate to visit a specialized doctor. If such a person is in family, friends, or office, then you can take him to a psychiatrist. The family has to understand that it is a disease and not their fault. Somebody is intentionally intoxicating and does not want to leave, such a thing should not be thought of. If there is a disease, then there is a cure for it.
Help the patient to access the treatment and get the treatment. Give the patient some chance to recover again, give some time.
Hospital treatment or rehab centers help
In any government hospital that has a psychiatric department, treatment for drug addiction is also available there. Yes, it may be that there is not a cure for all types of addiction. In this case, you can go to another nearest hospital.
Medication as per doctor’s advice
Medicines are given to reduce cravings and to correct the damage caused by intoxication. But this is not the case in every case of addiction. Doctors examine the addict in different ways and then decide whether medicine is needed or not.
Motivate: Psychologists do this very well. They can make seemingly impossible tasks possible by persuading, guiding, and encouraging. This directly benefits the patient.
Family members can persuade someone to stay away from drugs by telling them about the ill effects of drugs.
Complete information is given about the bad consequences of intoxication.
Awareness about negative effects of addiction
By giving information: Addiction can be saved by giving information about the bad effects of drugs and the way out of it.
Yoga will help
- Experts claim that if someone does yoga then he will have trouble getting intoxicated.
- Sheetali and Sheetkari Pranayama, Anulom-Vilom, Kapalbhati etc.
- Pranayama helps you to stay away from intoxication.
- Do Sheetali at least 50 times and Sheetki 50 times every day. It will take 5 – 5 minutes.
- The person who does regular Sheetali and Sheetkari Pranayama, the system of that person’s body become such that he is not able to consume the intoxicant and gets away from it.
- The desire to consume it will also die. Anyone can do this.
- This purifies the blood. Its effect will be visible within a month.
Behavior changes: Psychotherapy can help
- This also explains how to change your thoughts.
- How to handle the comments in the society
- Once the intoxication is released, then how to keep leaving it further or stay away from the urge.
Changes in lifestyles
- Handle changes in life
- Handle stress
- Return to work
- Stay away from friends who are drug addicts
- Stay occupied
- Be a workaholic